Animal I Have Become (Instrumental Cover) Animal I Have Become (Instrumental Cover)

Pretty neat!
If you want some real vocals to put in, take those vocal synths out and send me the rest, and I'll see what I can make happen.
I've been hankering to do a 3DG song, and this one will fit the bill nicely.
Just let me know!

Darkness Falls Darkness Falls

Yep... this definitely needs some vocal treatment.
I think I'ma get on that.
\m/

JDawg00100 responds:

Go for it i'd love to hear it

Castle Raziel Castle Raziel

Shit, man... sounds done to me.
Needs vocals. I'm gonna get on that.
\m/

End Of A Heartache - Full Instrumental End Of A Heartache - Full Instrumental

Can't wait to get in on this sweet action.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have some time to jump in on this excellence.
Amazing work, as always.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

YAH BROTHER. Can't wait to hear it!

SkullCrusher-Metaljonus SkullCrusher-Metaljonus

Hey man, long time no see.
This track is bad to the bone. Think you could turn that master limiter off and run me out a WAV to lay some vocals on it?
Metal forever!

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks bro! I actually wrote this for another project but I do have a song or two that is in need of vocals! I'll message ya later tonight :D

Storm The Shores Storm The Shores

You seriously need a singer, lol. Again, primo harsh vocals.
This mix sounds like a little more bass wouldn't go amiss; maybe a +3dB boost at 100Hz on the bass guitar.
If you're interested, I'll see if I can work some magic on those clean parts. PM me, and I'll shoot you my email.
PS. Killer solos!

Darkidea-Metaljonus Darkidea-Metaljonus

This is gonna be fun when it's finished...
Looking forward to it!
I've been away for a while also, but I should have some stuff on here soon as well.
Let me know when it's done!

Metaljonus responds:

Sweet man! I'm actually uploading a final version of this track right meow lol.

Worlds Worlds

Song is cool. The mix needs some work though.
The cymbals and toms are way in the background, and the rolls sound really fake. Some dynamic adjustments during the rolls would help.
The guitars are a little too midrangey (try manipulating the 600-1.5kHz range).
I like the position the bass has in relation to the kick, snare, and guitars. It's actually there, and not buried like in most metal mixes.
The vocals are a little rough in some spots; it almost sounds like the vocalist is straining while trying to growl quietly. The ends of words are just as important as the beginning and middle.
Great work; let me know when the album comes out, and I'll give the whole thing a thorough critique.

SMJ responds:

Thanks for the response! Some useful stuff to try on the next mixes. I'd agree with it all really. The drums were played on an electric kit then the midi sent through slate drums and i think it picked up the velocities of the hits as basically the same which would explain the rolls, so I'll bare that in mind with sampled kits.

Guitars i'll have a play around with as well next time. This is pretty much my first attempt at going for a more professional mix so still a lot to learn. Just if you were curious the guitars are DI then run through the Le456 LePou head and then Gods cab impulses with a tube screamer emulated pedal up front to tighten things up.

Glad you like the bass, I know exactly what you mean with it getting buried often.

And you're spot on with the vocals as well. Is the first time I've tried vocals so went in a little blind on the whole and just went for it. Did end up blowing my voice a few times so I agree it's an area I need to work on. Especially getting the end of words to not fade and die out sounding too weak.

Really appreciate the feed back though, is very helpful getting a fresh set of ears on it. Will be up on my website, spotify and youtube on the 11th Dec.

Crushing Belial (Shadows Fall Cover) Crushing Belial (Shadows Fall Cover)

Harsh vocals are really strong. Sung vocals are pretty rough.
Guitars are very well played, but a little hot in the upper mids. If you bring down about 2-3k on the guitars a little, you could probably get away with turning down the vocals some.
Drum programming is solid, but a little lacking in human feel. Some of the snare and ride rolls are a little too perfect-sounding.
Overall, well done. Keep working on your singing, and you'll be a one-man army.

Falling to pieces/What's Done Falling to pieces/What's Done

Thrashy! =D

Digging the rhythms on this one.
Guitar tone could use just a touch more meat in the low-mids, but that's just me.
I definitely know what you mean about the choruses...
I wish I could explain in words what I'm hearing in my head, but I don't think I could without sounding like a complete dumbass.
But I'll try anyway:
1) In the first chorus, you seem to be more 'saying' the words "what's done", as opposed to singing them... try starting the line a fraction of a second earlier, and making sure to get a good note out.
2) Also in the first chorus, the third and fourth lines (and the seventh and eighth, to a lesser degree) seem a bit rushed... Maybe slow down a bit, and try flowing them a little slower.
3) I would also go a few notes higher on 'I can wield' and 'set you free', to set them apart from the rest.
4) You sing last line of the first chorus different than you have it typed, and I think the typed one would fit better.
5) In the second chorus, instead of saying 'survi-ive', try going up on '-vive' and pronouncing the word the way you'd normally say it. Same goes for 'alive'.

Not sure how much help this is gonna be; just some different things to try, take 'em or leave 'em.
Badass song, though, and I'm definitely looking forward to the album.
I'd love to do some harmonies with you on this one; we've never pwned something together, and we should. Just let me know.
Keep up the metal, amigo. \m/

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

You don't sound like a dumbass...I understand them, and definitely going to give them a try. Haha.
Thanks man, kick ass. I'm only 4 songs in, so I may end up looking to you for some assistance in asskicking in the future.
Thanks again, bro.